Monthly Meetings / Events
Lifetime Networks’ ongoing meetings / events
- Ambassadors, Lifetime Networks’ Self-Advocacy group, meet the first Thursday of the month from 3:30 -5:00 pm to discuss issues of importance to people with diversabilities and to make plans for taking action.
Please click here for more information!
- Board meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month from 5-6 pm at Lifetime Networks.
- Clothing Donations – We are always accepting clothing donations and small house hold items at our clothing bins. Visit our Clothes Drop page for more information and for bin locations!
- Karaoke! Our next Karaoke Party for friends of Lifetime Networks and Best Buddies (UVic Chapter) will be held November 23, 2018 from 6:30-8:30PM in the Vertigo Room, Student Union Building at the University of Victoria. Please contact Noah at (250) 477-4112 or Noah@Lnv.ca to RSVP or for more information. Click here for our poster
- Table Talk Parent Group happens the fourth Thursday of every second month from 7-9 pm.
This is a casual time to connect with other parents.
Please click here for information.
- Wills and Trusts, information sessions with Network Manager, Heather Bergink and Lawyer Dustin Marnell from Horne Coupar occur frequently at Lifetime Networks. Information includes conversations on future planning, wills and trusts. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at Lifetime Networks, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Please RSVP to Lifetime Networks 250-477-4112 or info@Lnv.ca. RSVP’s are required as seating is limited.
Holiday Breakfast Buffet
Each year before Christmas, Lifetime Networks friends and family gather together at Royal Colwood Golf Club and share in a breakfast buffet, sing some festive songs and even enjoy a visit from Santa. It’s a morning you won’t want to miss!
Where: 1550’s Restaurant
1550 Cedar Hill Cross Rd
Cost: $12.00 / person
RSVP: info@Lnv.ca or 250.477.4112
Please know that seating is limitted to 80 people. RSVPs are required.
Unfortunately, we may not be able to accomodate everyone who wishes to attend.
Join with the Lifetime Networks family, Best Buddies, social groups and many others for a wild evening of singing, fun and ice cream!
The last karaoke rocked with over 100 participants, some great singing, some enthusiastic singing, and loads of laughs! Hope you can join us next time!
Our next Karaoke Party will be held :
November 23, 2018 from 6:30-8:30PM
in the Vertigo Room, Student Union Building at the University of Victoria.
Please contact Noah at (250) 477-4112 or Noah@Lnv.ca to RSVP or for more information.
Click here for our poster
- – Social networking and interesting connections
- – Share resources and ideas
- – Sometimes there may be an educational component.
- – And always good company and snacks!
Our next Table Talk will be November 29th, 2018 from 7:00 – 9:00pm
Please RSVP with us info@Lnv.ca or 250-477-4112 for our next Table Talk.
Earth Day Donation Drive
Get involved this Earth Day with Lifetime Networks’ donation drive!
Lifetime Networks invites you to celebrate Earth Day by removing thousands of kilos of used clothing, small household items and refundable drink containers from the environment.
We will accept clothing, small household items and bottle donations through its recycling program and turn them into money to support more participants at Lifetime Networks.
Thank you to our participants, staff, volunteers and generous community for supporting Lifetime Networks with our first Annual Earth Day Donation drive for 2018!!
On April 22nd 2018, Lifetime Networks was able to save over 10,000 pounds of clothing, household items, and refundable containers from our landfills.
In addition to helping our planet, these donations will also help Lifetime Networks continue to support more members of our community, with over $3000 raised!
The DeviANTs are a self-named musical theatrical comedy troupe that rose out of Lifetime Network’s Drama Club program. Featuring adult artists with developmental disabilities, they have been creating and performing for the last 2 years and will present completely original songs and sketches created over the last 4 months.
Most recently, the DeviANTs performed as a majority of the cast of “The Great Big Show” at the McPherson Theatre in February 2018. The show was an enormous hit, selling over 1000 tickets and changing audience’s perceptions of people with diversabilities.
November 30th, 2018 at 7:00pm at Langham Court Theater.
Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at https://www.langhamtheatre.ca/boxoffice/buytickets/
See you there!
Gala Dinner & Auction
On June 9th, 2018, Lifetime Networks celebrated our 15th Annual Gala Dinner and Auction.
Year after year, this event proves to be a major fundraiser for Lifetime Networks
(Registered Charity # 873 660 625 RR0001) and an annual highlight for those who attend each year.
We were pleased to again have MAX Furniture and The Wilson’s Group join us as our Co-Title Sponsors and to have had Country Grocer step up again to sponsor our dinner!
We are happy to announce that through this 2018 Auction and Gala over $60,000.00 were raised to build lasting friendships and support for people with disabilities. — Together we hope to raise even more for our 16th Annual Gala and Auction in 2019!
Thank you sincerely to all of our generous supporters for continuing to make our Gala and Auction possible.
Gifts from our sponsors are instrumental in our ability to achieve our mission: to foster networks of friendship and support for people with diversabilities to enhance community.
For photos from the 2018 Gala, please visit the photo gallery !
If you are interested in becoming a part of the 2019 Gala Dinner and Auction, please contact Carlene at 250 477 4112 or email Carlene@Lnv.ca
“We can feel greater confidence about Drew’s future knowing there are caring, supportive people in his life and an increasing sense of hope that his independent life can continue for all or most of his life.” – Patricia
“Carolina was lonely before she had a Network and when her Network was not so well established as it is now. Now she has a blooming social life thanks to all the dedicated people in her Network.” – Janine
Visit our photo gallery for photos from last year’s event!
Join us for an afternoon of sun, reconnecting with old friends or meeting new ones!
Everyone is welcome!
– a lawn chair or blanket or share a picnic table,
– a salad or a favourite dish to contribute to the food table,
– your own plate, cutlery and beverages,
– games, guitars or other musical instruments to enjoy!
Date: Saturday, Aug 24 2019
Time: 11:00am to 1:30pm
Location: Mount Douglas Park (in the field area at the lower beach parking lot)
RSVP: Lifetime Networks 250-477-4112 or email info@LNV.ca
GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon
Participate in the 39th annual GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon while supporting Lifetime Networks!
Lifetime Networks is a benefiting charity (Registered Charity # 87366 0625) with the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon.
Date: October 7th, 2018
Pledge Form: 2018 Lifetime Networks – GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon
please download and fill out then email to info@Lnv.ca
To donate online: click here!
Registration: *Remember to Register with GoodLife Fitness Marathon to participate in the race http://runvictoriamarathon.com/registration/.
Year after year we are proud to be involved with the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon. In 2015, the Lifetime Network Cruisers won 2nd place in the half-marathon Check Charity Pledge and one of our runners won 1st place in crossing the finish line with a visual impairment! In 2016, our Team raised $11,000 for Lifetime Networks Bursary Program.
We look forward to what 2018 will bring!
For help setting up an electronic Donation Page on Canada Helps or for any other questions please contact Carlene at 250-477-4112 or Carlene@Lnv.ca.
Thank you sincerely for helping to make a difference!