The DeviANTs are a self-named musical theatrical comedy troupe that rose out of Lifetime Network’s Drama Club program. Featuring adult artists with developmental disabilities, they have been creating and performing for the last 2 years and will present completely original songs and sketches created over the last 4 months.
Most recently, the DeviANTs performed Queen Kathy’s Holiday Spectacular! at Langham Court Theatre. They also performed as a majority of the cast of “The Great Big Show” at the McPherson Theatre in February 2018. The show was an enormous hit, selling over 1000 tickets and changing audience’s perceptions of people with diversabilities.
The DeviANTs’ production, entitled Journey to Breakfast Sandwich Island, was performed on Friday, May 10, 7:00 pm at the Langham Court Theatre.
Their next show, “Ben & Jacquie’s Wintertime Restaurant Extravaganza,” will be at the Langham Court Theatre: November 29 at 7 pm, and November 30 at 2 pm.
Holiday Breakfast Buffet
Each year before Christmas, Lifetime Networks friends and family gather together and share in a breakfast buffet, sing some festive songs and even enjoy a visit from Santa. It’s a morning you won’t want to miss!
Where: 1550’s Restaurant
1550 Cedar Hill Cross Rd
$12 per person. Call 250-477-4112 to reserve your spot!
GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon
Participate in the 40th annual GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon while supporting Lifetime Networks!
Lifetime Networks is a benefiting charity (Registered Charity # 87366 0625) with the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon.
Date: October 13th, 2019
Year after year we are proud to be involved with the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon. In 2015, the Lifetime Network Cruisers won 2nd place in the half-marathon Check Charity Pledge, and one of our runners won 1st place in crossing the finish line with a visual impairment! In 2016, our Team raised $11,000 for Lifetime Networks Bursary Program.
For any other questions please contact Carlene at 250-477-4112 or Carlene@Lnv.ca.
Thank you sincerely for helping to make a difference!
– a lawn chair or blanket or share a picnic table,
– a salad or a favourite dish to contribute to the food table,
– your own plate, cutlery and beverages,
– games, guitars or other musical instruments to enjoy!
Date: Saturday, Aug 24 2019
Time: 11:30am to 1:30pm
Location: Mount Douglas Park (in the field area at the lower beach parking lot)
Monthly Meetings / Events
Lifetime Networks’ ongoing meetings / events
- Board meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month from 5-6 pm at Lifetime Networks.
- Our Annual General Meeting will be held at Lifetime Networks, #102 – 4090 Shelbourne Street, Victoria BC, from 6:30 – 7:30pm on Wednesday March 20th, 2019. RSVPs would be greatly appreciated! During this year’s AGM we will be presenting our annual awards followed by a presentation by Karla Verschoor, Inclusion BC Executive Director on the topic of supporting abilities, promoting action and advancing rights. Drawing from the recently released provincial budget, she will share how Inclusion BC will focus their efforts in the year ahead.
- Clothing Donations – We are always accepting clothing donations and small house hold items at our clothing bins. Visit our Clothes Drop page for more information and for bin locations! If you are unable to access one of our bins but have donations to share – please call us at 250-477-4112.
- Hockey – Get reduced tickets through Lifetime Networks for Royals Hockey games! Stay tuned for more information!
- Karaoke! Our next Karaoke Party for friends of Lifetime Networks and Best Buddies (UVic Chapter) will be on Thursday, March 14, 2019 in the UVic Student Union Building – Vertigo Room, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Please RSVP to Lifetime Networks 250-477-4112 or info@Lnv.ca.
- Table Talk Parent Group happens the fourth Thursday of every second month from 7-9 pm. This is a casual time to connect with other parents. Please click here for information.
- Wills and Trusts, information sessions with Network Manager, Heather Bergink and Lawyer Dustin Marnell from Horne Coupar occur frequently at Lifetime Networks. Information includes conversations on future planning, wills, and trusts. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at Lifetime Networks, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Please RSVP to Lifetime Networks 250-477-4112 or info@Lnv.ca. RSVP’s are required as seating is limited.
Annual Gala Dinner & Auction
The 16th Annual Lifetime Networks Gala Dinner & Auction was a resounding success!
Year after year, this event proves to be a major fundraiser for Lifetime Networks
(Registered Charity # 873 660 625 RR0001) and an annual highlight for those who attend.
We were pleased to again have MAX Furniture and The Wilson’s Group join us as our Co-Title Sponsors and to have had Country Grocer step up again to sponsor our dinner!
Our Gala Dinner and Auction took place at the Delta Ocean Pointe Resort on June 15th, 2019 from 6:00 – 10:30 pm.
Thank you sincerely to all of our generous supporters for continuing to make our Gala and Auction possible.
Gifts from our sponsors are instrumental in our ability to achieve our mission: to foster networks of friendship and support for people with diversabilities to enhance community.
For photos from the 2019 Gala, please visit the photo gallery !
If you are interested in becoming a part of the 2020 Gala Dinner and Auction, please contact Carlene at 250 477 4112 or email Carlene@Lnv.ca
“We can feel greater confidence about Drew’s future knowing there are caring, supportive people in his life and an increasing sense of hope that his independent life can continue for all or most of his life.” – Patricia
“Carolina was lonely before she had a Network and when her Network was not so well established as it is now. Now she has a blooming social life thanks to all the dedicated people in her Network.” – Janine
Earth Day Donation Drive
Get involved this Earth Day with Lifetime Networks’ donation drive!
Lifetime Networks invites you to celebrate Earth Day by removing thousands of kilos of used clothing, small household items and refundable drink containers from the environment.
We will accept clothing, small household items and bottle donations through its recycling program and turn them into money to support more participants at Lifetime Networks.
Where: Lifetime Networks 102-4090 Shelbourne st. & Sooke Elementary School
When: Saturday April 13th 9am-3pm at Lifetime & 9am-2pm at Sooke Elementary
Please bring donations to the school by April 12th. If you are unable to drop off donations please call Lifetime Networks at 250-477-4112 to organize pick up.
In addition to helping our planet, these donations will also help Lifetime Networks continue to support more members of our community, with over $3000 raised in 2018!
Join with the Lifetime Networks family, Best Buddies, social groups and many others for a wild evening of singing, fun and ice cream!
The last karaoke rocked with over 100 participants, some great singing, some enthusiastic singing, and loads of laughs! Hope you can join us next time!
Our next Karaoke Party will be held :
March 14, 2019 from 6:30-8:30PM
in the Vertigo Room, Student Union Building at the University of Victoria.
Click here for our poster
- – Social networking and interesting connections
- – Share resources and ideas
- – Sometimes there may be an educational component.
- – And always good company and snacks!
Our next Table Talks will be January 24th, 2019 from 7:00 – 9:00pm
Please RSVP with us info@Lnv.ca or 250-477-4112 for our next Table Talk.