Annual Gala Dinner & Auction
Lifetime Networks is happy to announce that we are in the beginning stages of planning for the 17th Gala, Dinner and Auction.
This event forms the bulk of Lifetime Networks’ fundraising each year. If you would like to support people with diversabilities in the community, please donate directly to Lifetime Networks today. We will have more information about our fundraising events for you to participate in soon!
Earth Day Clothing Donation Drive
Get involved this Earth Day with Lifetime Networks and Max Furniture’s Clothing Donation drive!
The 2022 Earth Day Clothing Drive event was a huge success!
We redirected 9,372 lbs of textiles and household items,
as well as 323 books from our landfill!
Lifetime Networks invites you to celebrate Earth Day 2023 by removing thousands of kilos of used clothing and shoes, from the environment. Our partner for this Clothing Drive is Rahim Khudabux, of Max Furniture and long-time sponsor and supporter of Lifetime’s work in the community.
We will accept clothing, textiles, and shoes for our Clothes Drop fundraising program and turn them into money to support more participants at Lifetime Networks.
Help us MAX OUT THE MAX TRUCK! We want to reach our goal of stuffing the furniture truck with clothes.
Where: Max Furniture, 3460 Quadra St, Victoria
When: Saturday April 22nd, 2023
If you would like to make a donation now, please visit our Clothing Drop web page to find a bin near you!
Monthly Meetings / Events
Lifetime Networks’ ongoing meetings / events
- Board meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month from 5-6 pm via Zoom or in-person. Please email info@Lnv.ca if you would like to attend a board meeting.
- Our Annual General Meeting was held remotely over Zoom on Wednesday March 16, 2022.
- Clothing Donations – We are currently accepting clothing donations and small household items at some of our clothing bins. If you have donations to share – please call us at 250-477-4112 to arrange a home pick-up.
- Wills and Trusts, information sessions with lawyer Dustin Marnell from Horne Coupar occur frequently at Lifetime Networks. Information includes conversations on future planning, wills, and trusts. Fall 2022 session TBA.
Royal Victoria Marathon
THE ROYAL VICTORIA MARATHON IS HOSTING THREE IN PERSON RACES ON OCTOBER 9, 2022: 8KM, HALF-MARATHON AND MARATHON.
Lifetime Networks is a benefiting charity (Registered Charity # 87366 0625) with the Royal Victoria Marathon. Click here to contribute to our donations page.
Year after year we are proud to be involved with the Victoria Marathon. In 2015, the Lifetime Network Cruisers won 2nd place in the half-marathon CHEK Charity Pledge, and one of our runners won 1st place in crossing the finish line with a visual impairment! In 2016, our Team raised $11,000 for Lifetime Networks Bursary Program.
Lifetime Networks team sign-up information coming soon!
For any other questions please contact Carlene at 250-477-4112 or Carlene@Lnv.ca.
Thank you sincerely for helping to make a difference!
Watch this space for the next Fall and Spring Step Challenge events!
Prizes are drawn throughout the event, as well as a prize for the winning team and winning individual!
- Register as an individual or as a team (with a team name!)
- Start tracking your steps! You can use this handy Step Conversion Guide to count steps for various activities. (There are also many free apps that have pedometer functions!). For those using a wheelchair, track the distance wheeled and convert the steps! The distance can then be converted to steps by using the following equation: 1km = 1250 steps.
Please contact Emily at volunteer@LNV.ca or call our office at (250) 477-4112 if you have any questions.
The last annual picnic took place at the end of August 2019. We look forward to being able to host another summer picnic when we can!