Annual Gala Dinner & Auction
Lifetime Networks will host their 18th Annual Gala Dinner and Auction on Friday, October 13th, 2023!
This event forms the bulk of Lifetime Networks’ fundraising each year. If you would like to support people with diversabilities in the community, please donate directly to Lifetime Networks today.
We will have more information about this year’s fundraising event soon!
Looking forward to seeing you at the next Gala!
Earth Day Clothing Donation Drive
Get involved this Earth Day with Lifetime Networks and Max Furniture’s Clothing Donation drive!
The 2022 Earth Day Clothing Drive event was a huge success!
We redirected 9,372 lbs of textiles and household items,
as well as 323 books from our landfill!
Lifetime Networks invites you to celebrate Earth Day 2023 by removing thousands of kilos of used clothing and shoes, from the environment. Our partner for this Clothing Drive is Rahim Khudabux, of Max Furniture and long-time sponsor and supporter of Lifetime’s work in the community.
We will accept clothing, textiles, and shoes for our Clothes Drop fundraising program and turn them into money to support more participants at Lifetime Networks.
Help us MAX OUT THE MAX TRUCK! We want to reach our goal of stuffing the furniture truck with clothes.
Where: Max Furniture, 3460 Quadra St, Victoria
When: Saturday, April 22nd, 2023
Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
If you would like to make a donation now, please visit our Clothing Drop web page to find a bin near you!
The DeviANTS’ Comedy Musical!
For decades, “Victoria’s Secret Society of DeviANT Superheroes“ have been serving the citizens of Victoria without any violence or fanfare… until the arrival of a famous superhero turns everything upside down. Now the DeviANTs have to deal with sudden fame, polarized public opinion, and an American celebrity with PTSD from a childhood trauma who dresses like a bat and believes justice can only be served through fisticuffs.
By using their “Special Abilities,” the DeviANTs prove that we can make a positive difference in people’s lives without ever resorting to competitive or punitive methods. You will learn how much kinder it is to “support” someone rather than “trying to help” them, and that true altruism doesn’t seek trophies or applause.
This comedic musical is written and performed by the artists of the Lifetime Networks Theatre Troupe program and is co-produced by Lifetime Networks and Delusional Productions. The show is generously supported by Langham Court Theatre.
Tickets are $15 for youth under 12 and $20 for adults
“The DeviANTs” are an inclusive theatrical co-op of adult artists with disabilities. They have been performing live in Victoria for eight years, using improvisation, music, and collective collaboration to build exciting, hilarious and profound content. Their original hit musical, “The Great Big Show” sold over 1,100 tickets at the MacPherson Theatre in 2018. “Victoria’s Secret Society of DeviANT Superheroes“ is their first live performance since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Monthly Meetings / Events
Lifetime Networks’ ongoing meetings / events
- Board meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month from 5-6 pm via Zoom or in-person. Please email info@Lnv.ca if you would like to attend a one of these monthly meetings.
- Our Annual General Meeting will held on Wednesday March 15, 2023 from 6:00-7:15 pm. This meeting will be held at our 2553 Quadra location. If you would like to attend the meeting, please RSVP to email@example.com. The Executive Director Report from the 2022 meeting can be found here.
- Clothing Donations – We are currently accepting clothing donations and small household items at some of our clothing bins. If you have donations to share – please call us at 250-477-4112 to arrange a home pick-up.
- Wills and Trusts, information sessions, with lawyer Dustin Marnell from Infinity Law, occur frequently at Lifetime Networks. Information includes conversations on future planning, wills, and trusts. If you would like to attend our next session or be put on the waitlist for future sessions, please call our office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our next session will be Spring of 2023.
Move Around the World!
Let’s Move Around the World in 2023!
Lifetime Networks is starting a new challenge on April 1st to help us all stay active with a common goal. Our goal is to move ourselves around the world on or before the Autumn Equinox (September 22, 2023). Can we all pool together to make it around the equatorial circumference of Earth? According to National Geographic, that is 40,075 km!
Here’s how it works:
- Register yourself to participate by contacting us at 250-477-4112 or emily@LNV.ca .
- You can pay your registration fee of $15.00 by cash, cheque or e-transfer. E-transfers can be sent to this email address (lifetimenetworks@LNV.ca) and must have your name and the word “MOVE” in the message.
- On April 1st, start keeping track of how far you self-propel. In kilometres, how far did you walk, run, swim, wheel, bike, row, etc. All movement must be made by using your own energy (so, no, movement by way of vehicle does not count – LOL!).
- You will receive regular emails with world facts and updates about how far we’ve traveled. These also serve as a reminder to send in your KM count!
At the end, we will host a gathering with some tasty treats to celebrate with everyone who participated. There will be some random prize draws for gift cards.
Please contact emily@LNV.ca if you have any questions.
Royal Victoria Marathon
Lifetime Networks is a benefiting charity (Registered Charity # 87366 0625) with the Royal Victoria Marathon.
Year after year we are proud to be involved with the Victoria Marathon. In 2015, the Lifetime Network Cruisers won 2nd place in the half-marathon CHEK Charity Pledge, and one of our runners won 1st place in crossing the finish line with a visual impairment! In 2016, our Team raised $11,000 for Lifetime Networks Bursary Program.
For questions or assistance please contact our front desk (250-477-4112) or Carlene Carlene@Lnv.ca.
We look forward to running with you at the next marathon!
The last annual picnic took place at the end of August 2022. We are thrilled to be bringing it back this summer!
Date and time: TBD
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Looking for something?
Visit our Social Media
2553 Quadra St.
Victoria BC V8T 4E1
Registered Charity # 87366 0625