Lifetime Networks has partnered with Big Brothers Big Sisters to bring their successful Clothes Drop program to Victoria!
Click here to find the donation bin closest to you!
Clothes Drop is a great way to support inclusion in your community while being kind to the environment.
- INCLUSION: Your donation of used clothing translates directly into bursaries and programming for individuals accessing services from Lifetime Networks.
- ENVIRONMENT: Clothes Drop launched in September 2017 and continues to grow. As of May 2018, Lifetime Networks has helped divert 60,000 pounds of used clothing and household goods from our Hartland Landfill.
- EMPLOYMENT: Two individuals from our Employment Program have been employed to service the bins and deliver the donations to our retail partner.
If you or someone you know is interested in hosting a bin, contact Lifetime Networks at 250-477-4112
Lifetime Networks relies on the generosity of our supporters to help us in our work to provide lasting friendships and support for people with disabilities.
Your donation provides:
- The opportunity for adults or young adults to explore their creative side in the Theatre Troupe
- The opportunity for adults and young adults to be citizens who belong and give back
- An opportunity for an adult or young adult to experience creative expression through art, music, or photography
- An opportunity for a teen, adult or young adult to experience the security and joy of a lasting friend and peace of mind to parents
- An opportunity for an adult or young adult to receive the direct teaching missed during the school years; this teaching creates contributing adults
- An opportunity for an adult or young adult to secure sustainable employment
Our volunteers are the backbone of all that we do at Lifetime Networks. We have a large family of committed and dedicated volunteers who collectively donate approximately 800 volunteer hours each month.
Volunteers serve in a number of capacities including, but not limited to: Network Friends, Best Buddies, Fundraising Events, Committees, and Board of Directors.
We would love to talk to you if you:
- Have a skill or passion you would like to share
- Would like to develop a friendship with someone with a disability
- Have fundraising talents or enjoy helping out with events
- Would like to make a difference in the life of someone with a disability
We accept volunteer inquiries all year round. Please let us know if you would like to be involved with our programs, fundraising, events or administration.
Open Volunteer Positions
Network Friend (Volunteer Role)
Volunteer Position Description
We ask that you visit the focus person once or twice a month.
Lifetime Networks is a non-profit society that builds and maintains Networks of Personal Support around individuals who may be isolated due to barriers such as disabilities or mental health issues. Each network is facilitated by a Network Facilitator and is comprised of volunteers called Network Friends.
To develop a reciprocal friendship based on mutual interests and a desire to make a difference in the life of someone who is experiencing isolation or loneliness.
The Network Facilitator supports the Network Friends. The Network Facilitator acts as a liaison between Lifetime Networks, the other Network Friends, parents, family, and the person at the centre of the network (called the Focus Person).
– Criminal Record Check, Confidentiality Agreement, Conflict of Interest Form and Driver’s Abstract
– Monthly contact with the Network Facilitator by phone or email
– Two in-person visits per month with the person at the centre of network
– Weekly contact (i.e. by phone or email) with the person at the centre of the network
– Attendance and input at network planning meetings, held several times per year
– An understanding of, and respect for, the confidentiality of the Focus Person and family
– Respect for the Focus Person and his/her unique needs
– Ability to recognise and honour personal choices for the Focus Person
– Self-motivated, patient, flexible
– Ability to work with a team to offer appropriate friendship and support to the Focus Person
If we wished upon a star here are some of the things we would be hoping for… Please contact us if you are able to help make our dreams come true by donating any of the following items!
- Donations of used greeting cards (especially birthday and thank-you cards) that we will cut up and paste onto cardstock to make new, beautiful cards
- New laptops for our Citizen and Employment programs
- Baking stuff (mixing bowls & pans)
- Magnetic pots and frying pans
- Plates & Bowls
- Utensils & garlic press, whisk, chef’s knives
- Cutting boards, sifter, spice grinder
- Dish rack & Dish & Tea Towels, oven mitts
- Storage containers
- Table & Chairs
- Blender & food processor
- Salt & Pepper